I know you all have questions about how orchestra is going to be taught this year! I am planning to teach you daily through Microsoft Teams.
We will start each class period with warm-ups and scales (you will play along with me!).
1. Some days we will practice new techniques (vibrato and Shifting)
2. Some days we are going to learn how to arrange music with a guest Artist company Tri-Tone Music.
3. You will get short musical excerpts to play and perform for me live during our Teams Meetings using Flipgrid.
4. Occasionally I will teach a Music History Lesson, so you can just chill out and listen and analyze some of the Greatest Hits of the 1750s!
5. Finally, we will learn our parts to a few songs, so we can play as an orchestra when we return to LBC-19. (Life Before Covid-19).
I miss you ALL so much. Can't wait to see your smiling faces floating in little boxes on my computer screen!
Students can follow these steps to activate a subscription using your new student code: sm5dapIf a student is activating a SRF account for the first time:
After you have made your account, go to My Assignments to access the sight-reading.
Your First GRADED assignment will be due April 22nd.
Week 1: (Due Wednesday, March 25th at 10pm)
1. Chamber Orchestra complete One Box
2. Sinfonietta and Concert Orchestra do Orchestra Performance Assessment/Auditions
Week 2: (Due Wednesday, April 1st at 10pm)
1. Chamber Orchestra Complete Second Box (try for 5 in a row)
2. Sinfonietta and Concert Orchestra do First Box
Week 3: (Due Wednesday, April 15th at 10pm)
Chamber Orchestra Complete Third Box and do First Sight-Reading Factory Assignment
Sinfonietta and Concert Orchestra Compete Second Box and do First Sight-Reading Factory Assignment.
Click the link below for the orchestra TIC TAC TOE Assignments:
Orchestra Placement Excerpts
Orchestra Auditions are due at 10pm on Sunday, March 22nd. Please upload your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Record your audition as many times as you'd like, but only send me the best version.
2. Please state your name before you start playing. "Hi, I'm John Smith and I'm Auditioning for Sinfonietta"
3. You have until 10pm Sunday, March 22nd to submit.
4. If you have already submitted, you can do it again (any time before the deadline). I will use your LAST submission as your audition (I look at the time stamp on each email)
5. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM ME. If you do not get an email from me by 3pm Tuesday, March 24th, I didn't get your submission. You need to contact me through email@example.com or send me a text to 770-362-9811.
Chattahoochee Orchestra Call Sheet
Date: Tuesday May 19th
Contact: Ms. Buonamici 770:362.9811
Arrival Time: Get to School at 11:00 IN UNIFORM
Bus Departs from Chattahoochee at 11:15am
EXPECT TRAFFIC!!!! PLAN ACCORDINGLY!!!
Dress: Concert Uniform (all black)
Location: Suntrust Ampitheater Main Entrance
2200 Encore Parkway
Actual Gig Time: Start performing at 12:45pm Graduation starts at 1:30pm
Event Name: Chattahoochee Graduation
What to Bring: Instrument (I will bring all music.)
11:00 am Arrive at Chattahoochee Already in Black Uniform
11:15 Depart for the Graduation Venue
11:40 Set up the stage and Warm up
12:00pm Professional Sound Check
12:50 Begin Prelude Performance (3-Ring Binder)
1:25 Pomp and Circumstance (Entrance of Graduates)
3:30 Recessional (Rondeau)
3:45 Bus Departs for Chattahoochee
4:15 Parent Pick-Up at Chattahoochee
For students who are being dropped off:
Drop off at main entrance off of Encore Parkway.
Address: 2200 Encore Parkway, Alpharetta, GA.
For students/parents who are parking:
Park in Lot A – 1775 Founders Parkway, Alpharetta, GA.
Welcome back to school, Chattahoochee Orchestra Students!
You have reached the Blog site where all upcoming events and current activities are posted!
Check back for more updates!
In all orchestra classes we are currently working on our Holiday music. Our concert will be December 15th at 7pm in the Auditorium. Uniform is required, but students may accessorize with hats, mittens, and scarves.
In terms of techniques, the orchestras are working on the following:
Concert Orchestra: Intonation, bowing styles, the three octave melodic minor scales, and how to follow the conductor
Sinfonietta: Intonation, shifting, bowing techniques of the Baroque Period, and ensemble
Chamber Orchestra: Balance, advanced bowing techniques, comparative analysis of Classical vs. Baroque and intonation
Please congratulate the following students for making Fulton County Honor Orchestra this year! They will miss Tuesday, November 14th for a full day of rehearsal with a nationally recognized conductor and will present their concert on Tuesday night at 7pm at Centennial High School.
This is a record number of students for Chattahoochee High School to have made the cut!!! Two years ago we only got 3 students in!!! J
Jeong (Estelle) La