Hello Music Theorists!
Welcome to AP Music Theory. You will be receiving three textbooks:
1. The Musician's Guide to Theory and Analysis, 3rd Ed. (textbook)
2. The Musician's Guide to Aural Skills, 3rd Ed. (Sight-Singing)
3. The Musician's Guide: Workbook and Ear Training
This class is a detailed analysis of Aural and Written music. There will be singing and composing, as well!
Your first assignment is to send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me...
1. Your name
2. What instrument(s) you play and your level of mastery (how many years?)
3. What career path you are interested in
4. Why did you choose this class?
5. Anything that will help me get to know you better!
6. Watch this (and listen to the harmonies): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLm07s8fnzM
Ms. Buonamici has a Master's Degree in Music Theory from Colorado State University. She is aware of her uber-geeky status.