Each week you will do one activity from the board below:
Week 1: March 16th-20th Box #1 Due
Week 2: March 23rd to 27th Box #2 Due
Week 3: March 30th to April 3rd Box #3 Due
You can substitute one of the boxes for the assignment below: Learn a New Riff
Hi Guitar Class! Want a break from the TIC TAC TOE board? You can watch this video and learn one of the riffs instead of a Box!
Students are working in small groups on learning a song from the 70s.
This week we are adding new songs to our Repertoire!
We are learning the riff (short melodic solo between song sections) for I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
You need to learn the following Chord Progression:
G - D- Am - C
Marry You by Bruno Mars
What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction
This week we are adding the Cadd9 and regular C Chord to our vocabulary!
We now have three standard progressions under our belts:
D G A7 D
A D E7 A
G C D G
and a few non-standard ones:
Em D, G, A
We are working on the A Pentatonic scale and will begin blues progressions next week!
Next pass-off will be this Friday: The A Progression.
This week in guitar class we will be focusing on:
1. Melody Playing: We will learn the note names of the strings and we will learn how to play a chromatic scale
2. We will continue to practice the chords D Major, G Major, and A7. We will also practice transitioning D to G and from D to E7.
3. We will add a new chord E7 to our chord bank.
We have learned the following songs: Amazing Grace, Michael Row Your Boat Ashore.
New songs for this week include: What makes you Beautiful and Here comes the sun.
PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT: Friday, August 18th
D, G, A7, D Four strums on each chord, or a picking pattern.
A performance assessment is a playing test, where the students perform one at a time for me. They are judged by how easily they change from one chord to the next, or how steady their beats are in the melody. They need to practice during class to get better, or at home, if they have their own guitar.
TEaching Project 1
Goal: The student will teach a lesson to the class based on a song of their choice.
Materials are due January 22nd.
Presentations will be January 25th-28th.
1. Pick your song by Wednesday, January 13th. Get it approved by Ms. Gomez
2. You will learn every aspect of the song and then teach it to the class.
C. Chords and Tabs
D. Picking and Strum Patterns
E. History of the song, or Biography of the Artist or Group
F. Pandora Station recommendations
You must make an EDUCATIONAL POSTER/PADLET/POWER POINT
and a WORKSHEET/HANDOUT for the class.
We are currently learning:
1. The parts of the guitar:
Head, neck, body, strings, frets, sound hole, bridge, saddle, tuning pegs, nut,
2. The names of the strings: E A D G B E
3. The E Minor Chord and E Major Chord
4. The D Major Chord and the A7 Chord
Beginning Guitar -- BLUES UNIT
1. Review Chord Progressions:
D, G, A7; A, D, E7; C, F, G7; Am, Dm, E7; G, C, D7
2. Picking Patterns with right hand
3. Note names on the E and B strings
NEW MATERIAL (MHSBG.2)
1. Learn new alternate E Chord, (Transposition of DM up two frets) In Context: Wild Thing
2. Learn the A Pentatonic scale up in fifth position.
3. Memorize the basic 12-Bar Blues lyrical form
PERFORMANCE SKILL ASSESSMENT: A Pentatonic and Blues Progression
Next Performance Assessment will be Thursday, November 19th
GaDoe Standard: MHSBG.4
You will be expected to:
1. Play the A Pentatonic Scale ascending and descending confidently and with good tone and good rhythm using the proper fingering. Perfor