This week in Orchestra class we will be focusing on the following GA Standards:
1. Intonation: We will be working on the difference in hand frames between first position, third, and fifth.
2. Tone production. We will be learning to control the speed of our vibrato to create more expressive playing, and we will focus on our point of contact and the relationship between bow speed and pressure.
3. Scales: C Major and Minor, 3 octaves and arpeggio.
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS:
(This will take place during class.)
Friday (August 29th)
1. Concert Orchestra: 3 Octave C Major scale: ascending only.
2. Sinfonietta: 3 Octave C Major Scale, ascending and descending.
3. Chamber Orchestra: 3 Octave Melodic Minor Scale, ascending and descending.
A written vocabulary test will be given next Friday (September 5th). Students need to be prepared to define the terms below.
This week in orchestra we will be taking care of a few housecleaning items.
WE PLAY ON TUESDAY!!! BRING YOUR INSTRUMENT!!!
1. Lockers will be issued on Tuesday.
2. Uniforms will purchased for those new to Chattahoochee Orchestra ($90 for boys; $70 for girls)
3. Chattahoochee Fiddlers/Fulton County Fiddlers starts on Thursday during Homeroom. We will meet during 5B Homeroom.
4. Please get your dues in! $150 to Chattahoochee High School and $25 to CHSMA
Next concert is September 4th at 7:00pm: Fiddlefest 2014!
First Audition is Monday, August 17th. The Excerpts are posted on the board in the orchestra room.
Auditions count as a grade! Happy practicing!
HELLO CHATTAHOOCHEE ORCHESTRA STUDENTS!!!
Congratulations for finding my blog!!!
Your assignment is the following:
1. Make sure you fill out the contact information form on the HOME PAGE of this website and click "Submit"'
2. Bring in two checks: One for your fee ($150) made out to Chattahoochee High School (put Orchestra in the memo line) and the second is for $35 made out to CHSMA (Chattahoochee High School Music Association).
3. Bring your instrument TOMORROW. Make sure it is in good working order. Let me know if you need to rent an instrument.
Hope your first day was outstanding!