This week in Orchestra class we will be focusing on the following GA Standards:
1. Intonation: We will be working on the difference in hand frames between first position, third, and fifth.
2. Tone production. We will be learning to control the speed of our vibrato to create more expressive playing, and we will focus on our point of contact and the relationship between bow speed and pressure.
3. Scales: C Major and Minor, 3 octaves and arpeggio.
UPCOMING PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS:
(This will take place during class.)
Friday (August 29th)
1. Concert Orchestra: 3 Octave C Major scale: ascending only.
2. Sinfonietta: 3 Octave C Major Scale, ascending and descending.
3. Chamber Orchestra: 3 Octave Melodic Minor Scale, ascending and descending.
A written vocabulary test will be given next Friday (September 5th). Students need to be prepared to define the terms below.