Welcome to AP Music Theory
For Wednesday: 8/12
1. Practice Singing both major and minor scales with correct sol-fege syllables.
2. Homework due tomorrow: Letter name recognition in Treble and Bass Clef.
QUIZ FRIDAY (8/15) on letter names, basic notation vocabulary, Major Scales, and Major Key Signatures.
Sight-Singing Test 1: Friday Berkowitz #1-6
Sharp, flat, natural, enharmonic equivalent, staff, grand staff, middle C, ledger lines, treble clef, bass clef, alto clef, half-step=minor second, whole step=Major second, intervallic structure.
Scale Degree Names:Tonic, Supertonic, Mediant, Subdominant, Dominant, Submediant, Subtonic, Leading Tone, Tonic.
Congratulations for finding the AP Music Theory Blog!!!
You will need to check this page EVERY DAY. AP Theory is hard, so if you have any questions, or need to meet with me before or after school, please contact me! If you get behind in this class, it is hard to catch up.
Your assignment for tomorrow is
1. Go to the homepage of this website and fill out the member information form and click "Submit".
2. Get your three-ring binder and create the dividers as specified on the syllabus.
3. Get a notebook of Staff Paper. Music stores carry them. Make sure it has holes in it, so it fits in your binder.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is this class about?
A. We study HOW music is put together. Scales, Chords, Compositions, Analysis, History.
Q. Does this class have a lot of homework?
A. Yes. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Music Theory is like math. It is a skill that needs to be developed in small increments.
Q. What is Ear Training and Dictation?
A. You will learn how to identify musical sounds and how to notate melodies by ear.
Hope you had a great first day, and I'll see you tomorrow!
6/22/2022 05:39:08 am
Nice post thankss for sharing
Leave a Reply.